Paradox has today confirmed that Victoria 3 will be releasing on October 25, plus it's available for pre-order with a new trailer too.
"Victoria 3 is a deep socio-economic and political simulation that endeavors to represent the needs and desires of every person on earth across a century of dramatic technological and social upheaval. Growing populations will have to be fed, but they will also make political demands to increase or maintain their power. Pass laws and social reforms to reflect the wishes of your citizens, or try to impose a brighter future on a nation that may not appreciate your forward thinking."
- Infinite Replayability: Rewrite history as any of dozens of nations from the Victorian Era, from industrial powerhouses like Great Britain and Prussia to populous giants like Russia and Qing China or powers in waiting like Japan or Colonial Canada.
- Deep Societal Simulation: Every inhabitant of your nation is simulated, whether farmer or clerk, capitalist or craftsman. Each has personal beliefs, political preferences and, most importantly, a standard of living to maintain.
- Challenging Economic Gameplay: Develop your economy through the development of new industries and institutions, trading surplus goods to the many markets of the world and importing what your population needs to make life affordable.
- Diplomatic Brinkmanship: Anything you can win through war can also be achieved at the negotiating table. Open diplomatic plays, calling on allies for support, as you press demands on weaker or rival nations.
- Political Development: Manage the various political factions in your country through laws and reforms. Can you improve the life of your citizens, if it means angering established authorities?
- A Living World: Watch the map change before your eyes, as newly constructed railways run between burgeoning cities, many of which were mere hamlets decades before.
Until now, they were only confirming Windows support for it but as of now for the pre-order it appears that both macOS and Linux are back up on the Steam page. The system requirements are still to be confirmed.
Available to pre-order now on Steam it will cost around $49.99 / £41.99 / €49.99 at release.