Valve seem to be continuing to give some love to their older titles, with Left 4 Dead 2 recently getting a nice bug-fix release. This is one of their older Native Linux ports, that came to Linux officially back in 2013 and back in 2021 they updated it with Vulkan support powered by DXVK.
The latest update went out Friday, September 9th that contained this improvements:
- Fixed a shader crash with Vulkan on Intel.
- Fixed a crash on Linux at the main menu.
- Fixed text corruption in the Mutations menu on Linux.
- Return the model index from script precache calls.
- Added script function "GetModelIndex"
Great to see Linux in particular see improvements, although not surprising since they of course want to see it continue to run nicely on the Steam Deck since that runs SteamOS Linux.
In other news, Left 4 Dead 2 Mobile recently appeared but it turned out to be something of a scam and it honestly looked pretty hilarious because it was so bad.