Yet another release of fheroes2 is here, keeping the classic Heroes of Might and Magic II alive with a modern recreated game engine and it's just simply great.
This is the power of open source, bringing a classic back to more platforms (like Linux), along with improving it for modern audiences. Overall it has significant improvements in gameplay, graphics and logic (including support for high-resolution graphics, improved AI, numerous fixes and user interface improvements).
Version 0.9.20 was released recently with these highlights:
- AI logic was greatly improved, including fixes for incorrect behavior and related game's logic to population growth.
- Expanded the list of translation with Turkish, Dutch and Romanian translations together with updating existing languages.
- Added new button's font to support new as well as add translation for existing buttons in the game.
- Add new proper icons for Petrification spell.
- Add Handicap mode not only for multiplayer games but for single-player as well.
- Over 30 bugs are fixed since 0.9.19 release.
Available to download on GitHub. You do also need to grab the data from GOG.com which it requires to run.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
Yes, I've given it a little try today. Worked for me on my new desktop, once I'd installed SDL mixer library.
1 Likes, Who?
BTW another release came out last Saturday - probably the last one before 1.0 releases!
See more from me