After many years being released on Steam back in 2013, Europa Universalis IV from Paradox has finally arrived on game store GOG.com. So for those of you who prefer it, for their DRM-free stance, now is your time.
This classic grand strategy game gives you control of a nation through four dramatic centuries. Rule your land and dominate the world with unparalleled freedom, depth and historical accuracy. Write a new history of the world and build an empire for the ages. During GOG's Black Friday sale, it's also 80% off, so seems like a good time to grab a copy.
Game features include:
- Deep Historical Settings - Start before the Renaissance on a map of the world as it was then. Choose from any of hundreds of nations and then rule up to the Age of Revolutions. Or, if you wish, start your game at any date in the span, with historical monarchs and other leaders.
- History come to life - Hundreds of dynamic historical events are yours to experience, from merely troubling civil wars to world changing moments like the Protestant Reformation. Discover and settle the New World, or resist European conquest.
- Fill your pockets - Control the flow of trade by developing your trade power in key provinces, using ships and governmental policy to bring the wealth of the world to your own ports.
- War and Peace - Build alliances into iron bonds, cemented by royal marriage or play a flexible hand, keeping your options open. Strike when your enemies are weak, using your armies to grab new land and new potential riches.
- Good rulers, good times - Your nation’s pace of development will be heavily influenced by the person on the throne. Experience rapid development under a skilled monarch only to see things slow down when a less competent heir takes over. Plan for the future by spending monarch power wisely.
- Scientific revolution - Four hundred years of research into new ways of war, administration and trade are available. Unlock new weapons, new buildings and new ship types. Over time, you can embrace national ideas that represent both your historic legacy and your ambitions for the future.
- From grand voyages of discovery to religious wars to revolutionary governments, the entire history of the early modern world waits for you to rewrite it in Europa Universalis IV.
There's also quite a lot of DLC, which you can see on the main page.