The Heroic Games Launcher to help manage games on Steam Deck and Linux with GOG, Epic Games and other apps you can sideload has a new release out to clean up after the recent big update. Nice to see they've been really quick to deal with some of the problems, including sideloaded apps not being added to Steam automatically that I pointed out.
Here's what's been fixed:
- Fix the issue with the download's progress going crazy and duplicating the installation/update.
- Fix a crash on the Install dialog on some games.
- Fix sideload games not being added to steam automatically.
- Fix Games failing to start when launched from Steam because they have an update.
- Fix games falling to start when launched from Steam when they had Sync Saves but the path was not defined.
- Fix Auto detect saves path going on forever. Now it will have a timeout of 15s.
- Fix GOG games failing to install due to not supported language error.
- Increased the connectivity check timeout at startup and added a button to ignore the status.
- [macOS] Fixed an issue where the game save path was not correct for native games.
- [Linux/macOS] Fix the windows version of a game version being recognized as native and not showing Wine settings and others.
- Fix a crash that was happening when uninstalling Sideloaded Apps.
- Fix Login Page container size max Width.
- Possibly fix the state of the game card not correctly updating. Not showing an update button, for instance.
- [Windows] Fix an issue where Heroic was crashing when opening the install dialog.
- Heroic will clean the cache now after upgrading to a new release since some issues are associated with that after updating.
- Some other minor fixes and improvements.
I recently did a quick look at the last major version you can see below:
YouTube videos require cookies, you must accept their cookies to view. View cookie preferences.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
This is one of the coolest gaming projects on linux right now.
2 Likes, Who?
Quoting: benjamimgoisThis is one of the coolest gaming projects on linux right now.
See more from me