Enjoy games similar to Mega Man? Like running and gunning? Super Alloy Ranger looks interesting and they recently put up a Native Linux version too. The update on January 5th added support for Linux, macOS, added 50 new achievements, new Steam community items and plenty of optimization too.
"Utilize various movement techniques to conquer the challenging levels; running, jumping, dashing, mid-air dash, wall climbing and double jumps. Use them wisely to track down the wanted criminal; this could be in sunken cities, the freezing Sea of Frost, the endless Abyssal Mines and many more places. Whatever it takes, you will find out the truth and head back with victory!"
- Classic side-scrolling mode of operation, dodge the bullets while jumping, dashing and climbing to progress with the level.
- Many hidden pathways are waiting for you to explore.
- Both characters have many weapons and combat styles up for selection.
- Challenge gigantic boss enemies in dangerous barrages.
- Incorporated the main features of Mega Man and Metal Slug. On top of that corresponding combat mechanism is added to the game!
- Fun and exquisite pixel animations.
At time of writing it has a Very Positive user rating so it seems like it could be worth your time, although it has mostly flown under the radar with only 110 user reviews on Steam. For gamers who love these retro-fuelled fast-paced run and gun action platformers I must say it does look pretty good!
Find it available on Steam.
I was one of the idiots who backed Mighty No. 9 back in the day (thankfully only for a couple of quid, so I wasn't very invested in it and ended up missing a lot of the drama), and this looks a whole lot better than that!
See more from me