Cities: Skylines 2 is on the way but Paradox and Colossal Order aren't done just yet with Cities: Skylines. Multiple new content additions were just announced. They said they plan to continue to support the game for the rest of the year, but it seems like that may be it.
They've announced that on March 22nd three new content packs will release:
- Africa in Miniature: A new world of possibilities set in the African Continent. The first Content Creator Pack from long-time Cities fan, 3D Artist Setonji "Prince Set" Hotonu allows you to explore Africa’s exceptionally diverse architecture, vibrant colors, and unique urban mix.
- Africa In Miniature includes a total of 28 new buildings inspired by the existing urban masterpieces and unique architectural concepts.
- Sports Venues: Sports season never ends in this Content Creator Pack by community modder BadPeanut. From unique stadiums to community sports parks, this Content Creator Pack has everything you need to satisfy your City’s needs for sports!
- Watch your citizens enjoy their favorite match! All large stadiums have realistic football, baseball, and American football animation - plus some new cool stats for you to look at. Some of them also have built-in public transport options. Do you prefer smaller crowds? Try Community sports parks: they’re smaller and can be placed everywhere.
- Shopping Malls: It’s time for some retail extravaganza! With the Content Creator Pack “Shopping Malls” by community modder KingLeno you can bring your shopping experience to the next level, adding a variety of shopping malls to your City.
- This content creator pack offers more than 60 assets, including department stores, shopping plazas, and fast food restaurants to populate your Shopping areas.
Plus these radio stations too:
- JADIA Radio Station: The African continent is vast, and its music is diverse. JADIA Radio Station (Just Another Day in Africa) is a collection of 16 tracks from musician Wan Shey who pays homage to his country’s musical traditions, adding new vibes to Cities: Skylines.
- 80’s Movies Tunes: This time we’re taking you to the movies! “80’s Movies Tunes” is a Radio Station inspired by the 80’s classics. Let’s dive into the past with more than 15 tracks and around 70 minutes of music.
- Pop-Punk Radio: We created this Radio Station for all the Pop-Punk city builders out there. If you enjoy pop-punk music, then this Radio Station is for you! With 16 tracks and more than 75 minutes of powerful, high-beat tunes.
That will be in addition to a free update for all players on the same day named "Hubs and Transport", that improves the transport system for Cities: Skylines base game as well as the After Dark, Snowfall, Natural Disasters, and Mass Transit expansions.
More is to come after that, with a final mini-expansion and more content packs arriving in May.
You can buy Cities Skylines on Humble Store and Steam.
See more from me