Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania is a fresh content expansion for the popular rogue-lite, metroidvania inspired, action-platformer and it's available now.
It features a new main quest, that sees you run through a brief bit of the usual area to find a way into Dracula's Castle. To get there, just look out for a new friend waiting to ask for your help as you run through a fresh game. You'll fight your way several times through both Dracula's Castle and the main island on the way to a final showdown with Dracula in his iconic Throne Room.
- Classic Weapons: Unlock 14 iconic weapons such as the Vampire Killer, Throwing Axe & Holy Water to decimate Dracula's bestiary of monsters and finally the dark lord himself. Each item has been translated into the fast-paced combat of Dead Cells while keeping their original essence.
- Explore Dracula's Castle: Secret rooms. Flame-lit corridors. Gloomy tombs. Beautiful paintings. Food hidden in the walls. Full of original monsters from the series, such as harpies, werewolves & haunted armors, the character of the iconic castle will transport you into the realms of gothic fantasy.
- Classic and Reimagined Music: We're giving you access to an alternative soundtrack made of 51 of the original Castlevania tunes, that can be heard across the entire game. Yes, 51! On top of this, we've taken the 12 most iconic tracks, such as Vampire Killer, Bloody Tears and Simon Belmont's Theme, and reimagined them in the style of Dead Cells as a soundtrack for this DLC, while preserving the Castlevania ambiance of course.
- A New Story: Richter Belmont and Alucard will be by your side throughout your quest to vanquish Dracula, helping you to navigate the maze of Dracula’s Castle and providing you with strong weapons (sometimes willingly, sometimes not). However, where there is good there is evil, so watch out for powerful foes who will try everything in their power to stop you from reaching the throne room.
- Three Boss Fights: Fight against the very essence of evil in two intense duels versus Death and Dracula, both set against a majestic backdrop. If you can survive these gauntlets, prepare yourself for our most ambitious boss showdown yet...
- Castlevania Outfits: Unlock 20 outfits as you progress through the castle, letting you roleplay as all your favourite characters like Alucard, Richter Belmont, Simon Belmont, Maria Renard, Trevor Belmont, Sypha Belnades or even Dracula himself.
Honestly, I couldn't be happier with this after enjoying then Castlevania Anime on Netflix. I've been playing it, and it's pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. A themed-area content expansion, with all the gameplay you know and love from Dead Cells. No issues with the way it works, as it continues to be supported nicely on Linux too and it's looking perfect on Steam Deck as well. The new music is a very nice touch too, very fitting and they did a really great job on it overall.
So far it seems other players are enjoying it, as it's rated Very Positive on Steam.
A screenshot grabbed on my Steam Deck earlier today: