Rain Games, developer of the Teslagrad series, World to the West and others are still working away on Girl Genius: Adventures In Castle Heterodyne and it finally has a new trailer.
More about it: "Discover the award winning, gaslamp fantasy world of 'Girl Genius™', experiencing Agatha Heterodyne’s story, as she navigates the hostile hallways, catacombs and kitchens of her ancestral home, Castle Heterodyne. As the Lost Heir in the family lineage, she must repair the ancient fortress to its ancient glory, and take the throne as a "True Heterodyne". Only then can she stand up to the might of the Wulfenbach Empire and the other wild forces of Europa that are trying to take control and subjugate its people. But first, she has to contend with a corrupt sentient AI controlling the castle, the very pink villain Zola Malfeazium that is intending to take the castle for herself, and spiky deathtraps and pits of doom at every corner."
It's been a while for this one, with the Kickstarter for it finishing back in 2020. Their last trailer was 6 months ago, but they've regularly kept up communication with their backers and provide Alpha builds to people too. Now another 6 months of work has been shown off which you can see below:
- Build tools like the Grapple Gun and the Wrencherang at the Workbench, and use your tools to explore and solve the castle’s challenges.
- Discover numerous sights and secrets, by being perceptive and using your tools to the fullest.
- Defeat foes in furious melee combat or with explosive gadgets, and utilize the environment to your advantage using your tools.
- Use your trusty Dingbot minion to explore places Agatha can’t get to, by digging underground and moving in tight spaces.
- Use the Dingbot to solve lock puzzles, and operate the internal machinery in the castle.
- As Agatha’s power over the castle grows, command the castle AI to release traps at your foes, and activate mechanisms.
- Use the unique “Build System”, rebuilding scrap traps into objects like the Springclank, Grappleclank and the special Rollerclank, giving the player a suite of tools for creative spatial puzzle solving.
- Interact with several of the fantastic characters from “Girl Genius™”, like Gilgamesh Wulfenbach, Tarvek Sturmvoraus and many others.
You can follow it on Steam.