Barotrauma, a game that's about exploring the ocean on Jupiter's moon Europa, where many horrors wait below the surface of the water. A game that can go from gentle hums to chaos at any moment, it's certainly something if you manage to gather a few people together. It does also have a single-player mode too.
The 1.0 update introduces the faction overhaul with new missions and events, an improved reputation system, and lots of faction-specific items and perks. The update also unlocks the campaign ending, with a brand new endgame sequence to conclude your adventure.
YouTube videos require cookies, you must accept their cookies to view. View cookie preferences.
- Play with up to 16 players on board a submarine. Supplement your player count with bots as needed in either singleplayer or multiplayer game modes.
- 6 player classes with different skills and tasks: Captain, Engineer, Mechanic, Medic, Security officer and Assistant.
- Talent system: Gain experience and unlock talents to improve your character. Each class has three specialization talent trees to customize your playstyle.
- Faction and reputation mechanics: Choose who to ally with, help their cause, reap the benefits or suffer the consequences.
- Procedurally generated world and missions with multiple game modes for virtually endless replayability.
- Comprehensive crafting system: gather materials, craft equipment, weapons, medicines and more to help your crew survive on Europa.
- Built-in Submarine, Character and Procedural Animation editors. Share and discover mods directly via Steam Workshop.
- Most game data exposed in .xml and the game’s source code publicly available on GitHub for modding.
Check it out on Steam and also Humble Store. It has Native Linux support and it's rated as Steam Deck Playable.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month:
See more from me