Heroic Games Launcher has a brand new release available for helping you manage Epic Games, GOG and more on Steam Deck and Linux desktop. Easily one of my favourite open source projects! It doesn't just help you deal with Epic and GOG though, since you can add anything else into it too.
The main new features in Heroic version 2.7.0 include:
- Auto Install UbisoftConnect when running UbisoftConnect games.
- UI improvements on the GamePage to make it cleaner and organized.
- Library render improvements and download GOG game images in the background.
pc/applegamingwikiaccuracy and add
- Improvements on Epic Login.
- macOS binaries now are signed with an Apple Developer certificate.
- Translations update.
- Show game logs from the card's context menu.
Numerous bug fixes were also included like a fix for shortcut names, Discord integration, auto-enabling anti-cheat runtimes, properly stop all Wine processes when closing a game and more.
See all on the GitHub release page.
It can also be used on Windows and macOS and even PC Gamer seem to love using it, noting how they're enjoying it on Steam Deck and how it loads so much quicker than the official Epic Games app on Windows too. Nice to see many more people appreciate open source projects like this.