LIVE A LIVE originally released in the 90s for the Super Famicom, and now it's being revived with the same style as OCTOPATH TRAVELER and it's already Steam Deck Verified.
It doesn't actually release on Steam until April 27th, so it's another nice example of Valve getting some early pre-release testing of a bigger upcoming game. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of this to come, as the popularity of the Steam Deck continues to rise, it would be good to have more developers work with Valve before release to ensure their games are in a good state.
LIVE A LIVE, originally only released for the Super Famicom in Japan, is being revived on Steam! Experience this legendary RPG, brought to life in the same HD-2D visual style as OCTOPATH TRAVELER.
Meet seven heroes, each with their own unique abilities and lives to live across different time periods. Experience their stories in any order you choose, uncovering shocking developments along the way:
- Prehistory: A tribesman comes of age in a world without words.
- The Wild West: A wanderer with a bounty on his head fights for his life.
- Imperial China: A kung fu master searches for a worthy successor.
- Twilight of Edo Japan: A shinobi undertakes an important secret mission.
- Present Day: A martial artist strives to become the strongest there ever was.
- The Near Future: A youth with psychic powers takes a stand against evil.
- The Distant Future: A newly built robot is swept up in a tragedy in space.
Featuring remastered music from original composer Yoko Shimomura and produced by Takashi Tokita (the director of the original game), this remake retains everything that players loved about the original while also being accessible to newcomers.