Originally released in 2002 and then later as Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition from Beamdog, many years on it's still getting major upgrades including a new Toon shader and loading speed improvements.
"Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition adds all-new enhanced features to the content of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition. Slink through the shadows as a deadly half-elven rogue, wield fearsome magics as a powerful gnomish sorcerer, vanquish your foes as an armor-clad dwarven paladin... whatever hero you create, incredible adventures await. Discover magic, wonder, and danger at every turn on your own or with friends in these classic Dungeons & Dragons adventures."
Build 8193.35 was released on May 24th and here's what's new:
- Spells and spell-like abilities now display a targeting indicator displaying their range and, if appropriate, their AOE shape and size.
- Added support for up to 8 multiclasses, configurable per-module.
- Improved area load times by up to 100x!
- Added an in-game News UI that shows upcoming patches and community news.
- NUI windows will no longer break input to the game (WASD, drag&drop).
- Added a new "Toon" postprocessing shader.
- Hundreds of new functions and goodies for module builders.
- Hundreds of bugfixes and optimizations.
For the new Toon shader, here's an example of the differences. First shot is normal, second on the Toon shader:
There was also the official HD model and texture pack upgrade released for it back in 2021. Nice to see it seeing such long-term support to keep the classic alive.