Update: Feral Interactive emailed me to correct the record that they're not actually doing a Linux port this time. They said the Creative Assembly FAQ post was incorrect. Feral are now doing macOS only.
Original article below:
SEGA and Creative Assembly officially announced Total War: PHARAOH today for release in October 2023, and as usual Feral Interactive will be doing their Linux and macOS ports. For those who will be waiting for the Native Linux build, you'll need to wait a bit longer as noted at the bottom of the official FAQ.
"There are few periods more iconic than Ancient Egypt; fraught with political intrigue, cataclysmic events and grand war campaigns, it's the perfect setting for a Total War title," said Game Director, Todor Nikolov. "As Pharaoh, you must save Egypt from the cusp of destruction and guide your people through the calamitous Bronze-Age collapse. It is up to you to either survive or fade into history."
- Shape Your Dynasty - The Pharaoh is dead, and the people of Egypt, Canaan, and the Hittite empire cry out for a new leader. Many desire the power of the throne, but the path to becoming Pharaoh is a perilous one. As the leader of these great nations, you must overcome societal collapse, face natural disasters and fight to protect your people against invaders from far off lands.
- With a choice of eight Faction Leaders from three rich cultural hubs, step into their unique playstyles and take charge of deadly and diverse unit rosters. Whether you’re charming the courts as a peerless diplomat, charging into battle as an unwavering commander or causing chaos as a fearless warlord, become a leader that history will remember.
- Unearth Ancient Egypt - On your journey to becoming Pharaoh, uncover a beautifully lush and vibrant recreation of Ancient Egypt at the height of its power. From the fertile banks of the river Nile to the windswept, arid deserts of the Sinai Peninsula and the mountainous crags of ancient Anatolia, this magnificent visual reimagining brings the beauty and brutality of Egypt’s most tumultuous era to life.
- Epic Dynamic Battles - Enemy armies aren’t the only challenges to overcome on the battlefield. Lead your soldiers through sudden and dramatic shifts in weather, such as thunderstorms and sandstorms, and witness the tides of battle turn as it directly impacts the surrounding terrain. Beware the threat of fire too, as battles can become engulfed in flames, striking and spreading across the battlefield as it burns forests and damages the foundations of enemy settlements.
- Customize and Play Your Way - With a brand-new Campaign Customisation feature, no two campaigns will ever feel the same. Determine how you play with an extended range of campaign customisation options, such as random starting positions for all factions, detailed resource settings, the ability to toy with natural disasters and much more. With an abundance of options, stack the odds against yourself for an added challenge or become an unmatched power to breeze your way to victory.
At release it will cost:
- Base Game: £49.99 / $59.99 / €59.99
- Deluxe Edition: £61.17 / $72.87 / €72.87
- Dynasty Edition: £77.96 / $91.46 / €91.46
You can follow it on Steam.