Here's the highlights of what's new in Wine 8.9:
- Mono engine updated to version 8.0.0.
- Completion of PE conversion in the PostScript driver.
- Doppler shift support in DirectSound.
- GdiPlus performance improvements.
They also noted in the main changes that more Wayland work was done including these:
- winewayland.drv: Allocate process_wayland statically.
- winewayland.drv: Read and dispatch Wayland events.
- winewayland.drv: Handle dynamic Wayland output events.
- winewayland.drv: Make access to Wayland output information thread-safe.
- winewayland.drv: Update display devices from the desktop window thread.
- winewayland.drv: Update desktop window size on display changes.
For bug fixes some issues were solved for Battlecruiser 3000AD (a bug from 2005!), Need For Speed Underground, two fixes for Battle Net and other miscellaneous bug fixes.