Black Dragon Mage from developer Datablob Studio looks absolutely nuts! Taking inspiration from all the bullet heaven games like Vampire Survivors, Brotato and pulling in some elements from Path of Exile and even…Bomberman? Apparently so.
All the usual insane action you've come to know from the survivor-likes, with all the crazy abilities you can get as you fight off the hordes but they're teasing something about dragon eggs and their contents. Hmm. With 16-bit inspired visuals, plenty of creatures and big boss fights it looks like a lot of fun.
Yes, this is likely to be the next game to sucker away all of my free time. Releasing sometime in Q4 this year with Native Linux support and they said it will work great on the Steam Deck too as it was "Designed and developed with Valve's Steam Deck in mind" they told me.
Check out their brand new trailer:
- Decimate legions of demonic enemies with magic projectiles and area damage that only grows more powerful.
- Channel your inner wizard to aim and cast your spells with pinpoint accuracy.
- Forge your own path by experimenting with combinations of powerful defensive and offensive abilities such as the Shield of Frost, Summoned Flame, Cardinal Strike, and Fiery Pentagram!
- Level-up and tweak your build until it reaches dizzying heights of power; every run brings a fresh perspective!
- Turn the environment to your favor using your (often outrageously explosive!) strategic genius, outmaneuver your foes by leading them into deadly traps!
- Endure the relentless waves, or...
- Perish and return stronger by unlocking meta-upgrades and fresh weaponry in the Temple of Relics with the gold you've gathered during your tireless runs!
Wishlist / follow on Steam.