Barony from developer Turning Wheel LLC recently had quite a lovely big upgrade, and thanks to that it's also now Steam Deck Verified with the Native Linux version available.
The "Quality of Death Update" came thanks to a lot of work they put into the Nintendo Switch port, which thankfully the PC version didn't get left out from. This includes:
- All New UI.
- 2-4 Player Split-Screen.
- Overhauled lighting solution.
- Full Steam Deck and gamepad support.
- Enhanced content, gameplay tweaks, and bugfixes.
The above is really just the basic highlights, there's absolutely loads new for the game. The entire you way you set it up and play through looks massively different. From reduced friendly hitboxes for less friendly fire to a new death box system containing all of a dead players belongings for easier pickup. The game as a whole should look a lot flashier too with a new lighting system that looks better and should perform better too.
The full details on the big upgrade can be found in the patch notes.
Main Game Features:
- Put your skills to the test with perma-death, cryptic dungeons, and no handholding
- Cooperate with 1-4 players via split-screen, wireless play between Switch consoles, and the internet including crossplay with other platforms!
- Master 13 classes ranging from familiar warrior, wizard, and rogue classes to unique sexton, joker, and arcanist classes
- Conquer or be killed by surprises around every corner in a new dungeon every time you play
- Invest in deep RPG systems with loads of loot and stats to analyze and synergize
- Discover and utilize tons of adventuring weapons, equipment, lore, spells, & legendary artifacts
- Experience ongoing free updates from an active team that loves the game and is active in the Barony community
- Go deeper with 2 DLCs offering alternate ways to play with new character classes and monster races which offer even more playstyles!