September has come and gone, the summer season has wound down, and spooks now rule the roost. But before the spooks can take hold; Valve dropped the Top 20 Most Played Steam Deck Games for September 2023.
Baldur's Gate 3 has kept it's top place, but Starfield is expectedly nipping at its toes. Cyberpunk 2077 has rocketed into third place; most likely due to its 2.0 update and Phantom Liberty expansion. Leaving FromSoftware's Elden Ring and Armored Core VI comfortably within fourth and fifth place respectively.
The usual suspects like Vampire Survivors and GTA V are all still going steady; though Hades is dangerously close to falling out of the running entirely. Maybe October will see it fall off but only time will tell.
Here's the lineup of the Top 20 Steam Deck games from August 2023:
- Baldur's Gate 3 - Verified
- Starfield - Unknown
- Cyberpunk 2077 - Verified
- Elden Ring - Verified
- Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon - Playable
- Stardew Valley - Verified
- Sea of Stars - Verified
- No Man's Sky - Verified
- Vampire Survivors - Verified
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - Playable
- Grand Theft Auto V - Playable
- Dave The Diver - Verified
- The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - Verified
- Hogwarts Legacy - Verified
- Brotato - Verified
- Slay the Spire - Verified
- Fallout 4 - Playable
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - Playable
- Hades - Verified
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Verified
You can check out Liam's coverage of some of these games below:
Of course, the question now is what will wind up on the Top 20 list for October 2023. Personally I have my bets hedged for either Party Animals, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2, or maybe Forza Motorsport depending on how it performs. I think Cities Skylines II will be out too late in the month to make a dent but will show up in November: like Sea of Stars did this month.
Either way the Top 20 is, and can be, anyone's game.