With the Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 1 out now on Steam and in many ways disappointing, so modders are already working to improve it.
Currently it's still a little broken on Steam Deck / Linux, but Valve have recently put out a new Proton Experimental update that should help METAL GEAR SOLID 3: Snake Eater - Master Collection Version crashing before the opening cutscene but still has broken audio. A fix for crashing and audio is noted in my previous article for both MGS 2 and 3.
Now modders are jumping in to make the collection better, well not for Metal Gear Solid 1 though, as the "Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Fix" only supports Metal Gear 1/2, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3.
What does it give you?
- Custom resolution/ultrawide support.
- Experimental 16:9 HUD option that resizes HUD/movies (MGS2/MGS3).
- Borderless/windowed mode.
- Mouse cursor toggle.
- Mouse sensitivity adjustment (MGS3).
- Correct gameplay/cutscene aspect ratio (MGS2/MGS3).
- Skip intro logos (MGS2/MGS3).
- Adjustable anisotropic filtering (MGS2/MGS3).
- Increased texture size limits. (MG1/MG2/MGS3).
Sounds like some really nice quality of life additions and the mod is easy to install too.
Check it out on GitHub.