Path of Titans is steadily building up to be a really good-looking dinosaur survival MMO, and with the Pounce Update the combat should be a lot more exciting now too.
This update brings with it brand new combat mechanics, and the darting ichthyosaur Eurhinosaurus. Many creatures in the game now have additional attacks they can unleash like kicks, stomping, group abilities and passive abilities too. So there's just that little bit more depth to it now.
Check out the update trailer:
Some of what's new:
- Raptor Pounce and Latch - Pounce on your enemies and hang off their sides with sharp raptor talons as they attempt to escape, and hold on tight to deal as much damage as you can! The new Pouncing mechanic will be a long awaited game-changer for our raptor players, allowing you to really sink your teeth (and talons!) into intense fights and start making your mark on bigger prey...
- Sarcosuchus Grab - Ambush your prey, snatch them up and drag them down into a watery grave. The new Grabbing mechanic opens up a new world of possibilities for our Sarcosuchus players, allowing you to trap prey between your jaws to make your ancient behemoth’s ambush attacks deadlier than ever before.
- Eurhinosaurus - Dart and joust through the waves as our fast and agile new aquatic playable, the new Ichthyosaur and real-life leviathan from 180 million years ago. Take the reins of a creature from the depths of the sea with lethal speed and 11 abilities to compete against the Sarcosuchus, Spinosaurus, and Kaiwhekea!
- Dynamic Music System - Listen to our completely new musical score! The soundtrack responds to your actions in game, and to the locales you enter and exit, and will transition seamlessly as you play, between calm sounds in your home cave, to high intensity cacophony of sound when you’re in a large brawl with multiple players, and everything in between.
- Alongside these major features, you can also look forward to several new abilities across our roster of dinosaurs, and other quality of life updates!
It has Native Linux support, and from my time with it the game does seem to run quite well.
Currently available via their official website.