Three bits of Steam Deck news for you this morning with multiple updates coming in including a SteamOS update, a Steam Deck Client update and info about some LED changes coming.
Firstly, SteamOS 3.5.7 has been promoted to Stable with these changes:
- Fixed internal microphone not working in certain cases like desktop applications.
- Deployed a temporary workaround for a performance problem with "Allow Tearing".
- Fixed some USB connectivity issues.
On top of that a Stable Steam Deck Client Update was also released:
- Fixed SteamDeck being recognized as previously authorized device for Family Sharing.
- Fixed the new controller support panel showing on tools/applications.
- Fixed several layout regressions in the quick access menu, eula dialogs, and game achievements page.
Big Picture Mode
- Add the buttons back to the game launch interstitials rather than relying on the footer buttons.
- Fix the desktop configuration page being blank when opted-out of Steam Input
- Fix for Steam Controller gyro turn rate, and sped up gravity correction. Both were affecting the feel of Gyro to Deflection Mode.
- Fixed some controllers not being able to pass the Stationary Tolerances manual calibration phase.
- Fixed occasional "jerks" in "Gyro To..." conversion modes that used the gravity axis (i.e. Player Space, World Space, Laser Pointer modes)
- Improved Gyro to Joystick Deflection mode's low level noise.
- Reinstated horizontal haptics for all new "Gyro To..." modes.
- Fixed UI: order of Steam Deck Gyro's Calibration readings.
- Attempt to fix legacy Gyro "Joystick" mode - use the gravity orientation found upon app switch and subtract it from the live feed.
When it comes to the Power LED, Valve developer Pierre-Loup Griffais mentioned on X (Twitter): "We're working on an update to let users control the intensity of their power LED, which should be interesting to *LE users." — so it will be interesting to see what they have cooking there. Would be quite nice on the OLED, since it turns bright green when charged which was a bit bright in my bedroom. *By LE, Griffais most likely means the Limited Edition, as it has a translucent shell.
Great to see Valve continuing the quick improvements and listening to all feedback there.