Become Reik, a clever member of the fox tribe in Of Blades & Tails from Felix Laukel and Pineapple Works that has now left Early Access.
Inspired by genre classics such as Tales of Maj'Eyal and Stoneshard, Of Blades & Tails brings on a fresh approach to the turn-based RPG genre by offering the player faster-paced "skill & gear"-oriented gameplay. Players can follow the main story or hunt for treasures in ancient ruins and mysterious dungeons. Character development and gaining powerful equipment plays a major role on the journey.
Check out the launch trailer:
- Turn-based combat that allows for quick action or strategic planning.
- An Open World with lots of places to discover.
- A fresh, anthropomorphic setting in a vibrant pixel art look.
- generated dungeons and caves.
- Classless Character Development with many abilities to unlock.
- of different qualities and unique Items with special powers.
- Hunt giant bugs, gather herbs and other useful resources.
- Encounter a plethora of varied Enemy Types equipped with different skills that may require tactical decisions.
- Join guilds to gain their secret knowledge.
- Trade with rats and other profit-seeking animals.
- Compete with other players in the Arena Leaderboard challenge.
- Assemble treasure maps and follow their hints to obtain mighty treasures.
- Follow the main storyline or complete various side quests.
- Fully localized in English, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Finnish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Turkish, Ukrainian & Russian, with more language support to come.
It has Native Linux support but there's currently no Steam Deck rating for it. The developer mentioned it works great but needs custom Steam Input configuration due to it lacking full controller support. Players on Steam have given it a Very Positive rating so looks like another quality indie release worth your time!