The modern cross-platform Diablo game engine devilutionX has a new release available, and although small it does have some important fixes. What does it do? DevilutionX is a port of Diablo and Hellfire that strives to make it simple to run the game while providing engine improvements, bugfixes, and some optional quality of life features.
A bonus for Linux / Steam Deck fans of course is that it has a Native Linux version - so hopefully a better experience.
The fixes in v1.5.2 are:
- Unable to join game due to invalid player data
- Improve rendering of Chinese/Japanese/Korean texts
- Hellfire items not saving their identified state
Stability / Performance / System
- Stash corrupting when converting a hero between Diablo and Hellfire
- Amiga: Incorrect rendering of things behind transparent elements
- Android: Game locking up when switching sound output
- Fedora: Unable to locate BZIP2
- Manjaro: Unable to locate libsodium
- Xbox: Game crashing unexpectedly
- Xbox: Improve performance
Is it now the best way to play the original Diablo? Let me know what you think in the comments.