Ready for an adventure of a different sort? FROGSONG looks really quite sweet, an action adventure where you're an actual frog hopping around in a world 'where it's okay to be small'.
"Chorus is a little frog with huge dreams of protecting the world. Being a tree frog, however, society expects them to lead a life of religious studies, instead of training to be a warrior. Their small size certainly doesn't help anyone take them seriously, either. Seeking a better life, Chorus moves to Boreala, a village where members of the Defense Guild train under the wisdom of an old veteran. They quickly learn things aren't going to be as easy as they hoped. With a powerful army and a mysterious rumour both on the rise, Chorus needs to discover how they can protect the ones they love - before it's too late."
Check out the announcement trailer below, which has a certain quirky charm to it. The designs of the different frog characters are amusing, some nice attention to little details:
As mentioned right at the end, it's a going to start crowdfunding on IndieGoGo on May 18. The full game is obviously going to be some time away, with it still in development. Note: The developer confirmed their Linux plan to GOL on Twitter.
- Friends and foes brought to life in expressive hand-drawn 2D animation!
- Talk to lots of cute and strange characters as you explore the land of Salia!
- Explore five unique areas filled with their own special monsters, villages, and bosses!
- Help your friends throughout their day to day lives!
- Upgrade your blade at the blacksmith's shop for stronger attacks!
- Follow a heartfelt story that deals with themes of hope, found family, and what it means to be important!
- Try to make the world just a little bit better!
Until the crowdfunding starts, you can wishlist/follow Frogsong on Steam. I know a few frog fans who might be interested in this…
See more from me