With the retro-themed first-person shooter genre alive and well we have another entry upcoming with KUR, in development by Really Ragdoll with publisher The Quantum Astrophysicists Guild.
It sounds like it's going to be pretty amusing, with "The Boot" as one of the primary features that sees you kicking explosive barrels and enemies across the screen and there's going to be plenty of weird weapons and wild encounters along the way. KUR also sounds a bit grotesque, with you facing off against flesh-wearing robots while trying to "cling to your sanity as you bail out ‘The Corporation’" who hired you to stop their "demented AI". In KUR you're no hero, just someone after a paycheck.
You can check out the latest gameplay overview with the developer below:
- Retro SciFi Aesthetic with classic 90's humor & lore.
- 20+ Handcrafted levels across Six different settings.
- Variety of Weapons (shrink guns, Gatling lasers, incendiary rounds, Time Pistols, & so much more)!
- Unique Enemies warning, they wear human flesh but just want hugs
- 'The Boot' - Slide, Kick, Punt, BootJump, & Hop your way through KUR.
- Bumping metal / dubstep soundtrack perfect for killing defective AI!
Linux support is confirmed (we spoke to the publisher) and it's planned to launch sometime later this year.
You can follow KUR on Steam.