Analgesic Productions developer of the Anodyne series and All Our Asias have announced Sephonie, a story-driven 3D platformer with plenty of parkour action and puzzles to solve.
In Sephonie you will explore an island's massive cave network as shipwrecked biologists Amy, Ing-wen, and Riyou. As you explore you will link up with unidentified species using a unique grid puzzle mini-game system, all while being "watched over by a supernatural being who exists beyond human history". Alright then, that has my attention.
- A deep, emotional story about the close bonds of a trio, the priorities of nations, and the delicate connection of humans and nature, spanning beyond human history.
- A human experience crafted entirely by the IGF Grand Prize-nominated duo of Marina Kittaka and Melos Han-Tani, behind works such as Anodyne 1 & 2, Even the Ocean, and All Our Asias.
- Master a parkour-esque moveset to sprint, wallrun, jump, and fling yourself through Sephonie Island’s rocky and physical caverns!
- A novel and accessible Puzzle Grid System that will stretch your brain in fun ways.
- A beautiful and varied cave system filled with all manner of large and surprising creatures, visually brought to life by Marina Kittaka.
- A lush, melodic and ambient soundtrack by Melos Han-Tani.
The grid puzzling definitely has my interest which they say is one of a kind that sees you "rotate and place a series of multi-colored puzzle pieces onto the board, and connect large, same-colored islands". With their being apparently no "right" solution, it's definitely intriguing.
Learn more and wishlist / follow Sephonie on Steam. It's out later this year.
I haven't actually played any of their previous stuff. Anodyne 2 looks really fun and it's been on my wishlist since I first saw it mentioned here on GOL. But I guess All Our Asias is free if I wanted to get a feel for their style of storytelling.
See more from me