OpenRazer is the excellent free and open source driver collection for a big growing list of Razer devices. A big new release is out with OpenRazer 3.1. When paired up with the Polychromatic front-end, it gives you a really simple way to properly manage Razer devices on Linux.
This release pulls in support for:
- Razer Blade Advanced (Early 2021)
- Razer BlackWidow V3 Tenkeyless
- Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition 2014
- Razer Basilisk Essential
- Razer Blade 15 Advanced (Mid 2021)
- Razer Huntsman V2 Analog
Other improvements include:
- Add more effects for Kraken Kitty Edition
- Add volume scroll support for Ornata V2
- Refactor some daemon internals
- Remove unused statistics/heatmaps feature
And there's also some bug fixes:
- pylib: Prevent DPI array error for DeathAdder mice
- pylib: Fix UnknownMethodException for charging zones
- Fix Razer DeathStalker Chroma matrix dimensions
- Add check for battery value of 0.0
- daemon: Only save DPI persistence above zero
That last one is important, and as a result of a bug report I put in. On Arch, sometimes when it all updates my own Razer Deathadder Chroma would often revert to a speed so low it was almost impossible to do anything so hopefully that will solve that.
Still a shame that hardware vendors like Razer don't support Linux directly, another example of the community doing what hardware vendors won't.