A little later than expected but DUSK now has The New and Old Update available in the native Linux version. This is the free update that came along with the Nintendo Switch release of the game, adding in numerous enhancements that were done for it.
Some of the additions include:
- A weapon wheel
- An improved world map
- Better controller support
- The "Classic" HUD
- Plus two new optional accessibility features: auto-climb and auto-hop
Additionally the update that made it available officially now for Linux also came with these improvements:
- Fixed issues with input fields on controller
- Fixed issue with unchecking 1x weapon when 2x weapons were active in loadout screen
- Fixed issue with resolution selection scrolling
- Fixed issue with switching inputs in loadout screen
- Fixed ancient issue with leatherneck attack audio breaking after save/load
- Fixed typos that regressed in last update
- Updated Classic HUD key colors to be more visible
- Added controller vibration for damage and scripted sequences
- Added gamepad vibration toggle in input settings
- Added gamepad deadzone/curve options in input settings
- Added weapon wheel toggle in options
- Added NBKFA Konami Code for controller users (UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A)
Since this is now done, the developer said they're continuing to work on the update that will bring SDK features and Steam Workshop support and teased "boy oh boy is that workshop going to come pre loaded with some GOODIES".
Nice to see continued support for a modern classic FPS.