Love your pixel-art side-scrolling action RPGs? Keep an eye on Meifumado, as it looks pretty good and it will be coming to Linux the developer has confirmed. It recently had a successful Kickstarter campaign, where Old Bit Studio raised $48,018 to bring out the full version.
It also popped up on Steam, and it appeared to note Native Linux support in the system requirements. When asked about it the developer said to us: "Hello. Yes, it is correct. We didn't mention any OS. Kickstarter page says PC. That's including Linux." — so far Native fans it's another one to put on your wishlist.
- Deep combat system offering multiple fighting styles, special attacks/abilities, sub-weapons and various weapon types.
- Different non-combat skills: crafting, hunting, stealing.
- Exploration of a vast, detailed open world ruined by a global war, consisting of many different kinds of locations divided into multiple metroidvania-structured levels; each with its unique environment and atmosphere.
- Heavy focus on RPG elements: choices with consequences, multiple endings depending on player's actions, factions with their own ideologies, that player can join.
- Story-driven side quests with multiple ways to complete.
- Numerous side activities: guarding or raiding caravans, participation in fighting tournaments, gambling.
- Highly detailed, beautiful pixel art with fluid animations.