Command & Conquer - Combined Arms is a free and open source game pack made with the OpenRA game engine, the bundles together forces from various classic Westwood RTS games including Allies, Soviets, Nod, GDI and the Scrin.
Bringing them all together with elements taken from Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2 and Generals along with new units and support powers. It just had a big version 0.90 release that upgraded the OpenRA game engine used, along with the first part of their unique planned single-player campaign to play through.
Highlights of what's new includes:
- First three chapters of single-player campaign (15 missions).
- New sidebar/command bar UI.
- Added MultiQueue lobby option (each production structure has its own queue).
- Added CA music tracks via content download. Added missing Aftermath/Counterstrike music.
- 65 new maps, including all maps from RAGL seasons 12 and 13, and a bunch of team game maps.
- Engine update (improved performance and many bug fixes).
I absolutely love this. OpenRA has done a huge service to the RTS gaming community and after growing up playing the likes of Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert I definitely appreciate it. Having all the sides together in such a way is quite fun too! Nice to see it continue to get even better.
Plus absolutely tons of smaller changes that can be seen on their GitHub.