More goodies for Steam Desktop and Steam Deck users on the Beta update branch, as another update is out now. Especially good for those of you who somehow have amassed tens of thousands of games.
I thought I was pushing it a bit with 2,600 but some people really have tens of thousands huh? How would you actually pick anything to play? I'm often paralysed by choice with what I have.
Anyway…here's what's changed for both:
Reduced startup time for users with tens of thousands of games in their library.
- Fixed small movement of Virtual Keyboard when pressing shift in some themes.
Fixed issue where a Team Fortress 2 Steam Controller startup sound was missing.
- Fixed some issues with Nintendo switch gyro drift calibration.
Fixed Control-1/Control-2 hotkeys not working in Big Picture Mode (Linux specific).
- Reverted back to old Game Info dialog that is accessible from the Friends List.
- Fixed crash when opening Steam store.
- Fixed Steam library becoming unusable after applying a controller configuration.
While these changes seem specific to the Desktop Steam Client:
- Fixed crash on startup when an internal Steam browser window fails creation.
- Added settings option to enable/disable UI sounds.