Prison Architect is officially done. The final update has rolled out with The Sunset Update, as Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven have said they're finished with it.
Quite a surprise to see actually. Paradox only purchased the rights to it back in 2019, and I expected it to just keep on going for a lot longer than this, more like what they've done with their other strategy games but it's still had a rather long life. Perhaps a sequel is secretly in the works?
Anyway this final update they said the focus was on improving the player experience as much as possible.
The main additions:
- Capacitor 2.0: I introduce to you, the Capacitor Max Plus - an upgraded version of the capacitor which allows your Power Stations to now produce twice the amount of power than they did before - for twice the price of course.
- Remote Doors: We have added a coloured variant of the remote doors for both Death Row and Supermax security levels.
- Riot Van Speed: Due to the efficiency of air-bound emergency units we have increased the movement speed of the Riot Guard Vans, to lower their arrival time.
- Super Dog Mutator: Due to our undeniable fondness of them, we’ve added a new mutator based on the Super Guard mutator which will help give our furry friends an upgrade.
- Updated Descriptions: After sweeping through the game we decided to update or add a number of new text strings. As such we’ve updated text for Item description, Staff descriptions, and also Need Descriptions.
There's a whole lot of bug fixes and general cleanups as well. Full details on what's changed here.