DXVK continues to mature again, with another smaller release out to clean up some remaining issues and improve performance in some situations. This release follows on from the major DXVK 1.2 update released at the start of this week.
Here's the full list of what's changed from the release notes:
- Fixed issue that would lead to broken binaries on old versions of GCC
- Improved performance of Append/Consume buffers on some drivers
- Improved ReShade compatibility (#1057)
- Lords of the Fallen and The Surge: Fixed performance issue causing low GPU utilization (PR #1049). Also affects Overwatch on some systems.
- Yakuza Kiwami 2: Fixed frequent crashes and tone mapping issues (#1053)
The latest Steam Play update pulled in DXVK 1.1.1, so now that the 1.2 series is maturing perhaps we will see this in the next Steam Play release.
For those combining it with Wine, Lutris usually makes using DXVK easy enough to use and new DXVK versions are usually available quite quickly for those who don't want to set it all up manually.