Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire from Obsidian Entertainment and Versus Evil should now be considered finished, with a brand new patch available to send it off in style.
This new update also marks one year since the release and just over two years after the original crowdfunding campaign that was up on Fig.
Some patch highlights for you:
- New Ship UI
- An update to the UI has been implemented that will come up any time you engage with a ship on the seas that brings a more elegant way to perform ship-to-ship encounters.
- Turn-Based Mode Out of Beta
- Thanks to feedback from the community, we have made a lot of changes to turn-based mode to account for bugs and balance fixes and it is now in full release with the 5.0 patch.
- New Story Content Added
- After listening to feedback on the critical path of the game when it came to reactivity with Woedica and Eothas, so we’ve decided to go in and write new lines and get them recorded by the original actors to add more to that aspect of the game.
- Anarchist Path Adjustments
- Some critical path items have been moved out of Neketaka to other locations in the Deadfire to address the difficulty and length that the game had if choosing to not side with a faction at Ondra’s Mortar.
- The Ultimate
- The final God Challenge will be live with the 5.0 patch. This challenge, “The Ultimate” will turn on all other God Challenges, Trial of Iron, Path of the Damned, and Solo mode.
Interestingly, the first twelve players to complete the Ultimate Challenge will be immortalized in Obsidian's studio lobby for all to see which is a pretty fun idea. The first fifty players who manage to do it, will also be given a special patch, more on that can be found in this forum post.
Personally, I always found the combat in these games a bit too hectic when you're dealing with more than one person. It's why the turn-based mode really appeals to me, allows me some time to think and actually enjoy the experience more. That improved the game a lot for me.