I'm still terrible at it but there's a lot of charm to Make Sail [Steam] and the steady improvements have been impressive. This latest update is a rather nice one.
Here's the highlights of the latest update:
- Turtle Islands
- Turtle Sails (exclusively found on turtle islands)
- Improved sail behaviours when sideways, upside down, or propped open
- Option to return to build mode from place boat mode
- Fixed error which could cause boat name menu to appear at wrong times
- Clarified the below-minimum-specification warning menu
- Fixed issue which caused player to slide off some rotating pieces
- Via twitch, the "storm" trigger no longer requires accent marks in Vietnamese: "bao tap"
(because that's the feature everyone's been waiting for)
- Updated to Unity 2017.4.5
Took me a little while, but I found one!
I'm very interested to see where development will take this one. It has a huge amount of promise, it just needs more content to get me a bit more excited about it. Quite relaxing though, hilarious when your ship breaks apart. I think if they add many more ways for things to screw with you, it would be a fair bit more interesting.
I have to be honest, I didn't realise how beautiful the game could be though. I've not played a massive amount of it, but I gave it a real good go today and I was quite shocked when it turned to night and the weather was actually clear, how gorgeous it all looked. The moonlight reflecting off the water, as some weird pink things were jumping up and down in the water.
Find it now on Steam.