Another day, another new GOG release for your DRM free fans to pick up your gamepad for. They now have the super retro TANGLEWOOD available with Linux support.
See Also: My previous article on the game.
The incredibly interesting thing about TANGLEWOOD is how it was made. It's not your ordinary retro-inspired game, it was made very much like the classics "programmed in pure 68000 assembly language, using original development tools and processes from the 1990s".
- A real 16-bit game, created for and playable on genuine SEGA consoles
- Mixes fast-paced 2D platforming action with puzzles, special abilities, tricks and traps
- 28 challenging levels spanning 8 story chapters
- Lovingly crafted characters and fluid animations
- Original soundtrack by freezedream, authored specially for the Mega Drive's sound processors
- Time of day cycle, influencing the types of enemies encountered
- Collectables, achievements and secrets
Hop on over to GOG if it sounds like your thing.