I know, that pun attempt hurt my head too. You try and keep this going for months! Today, the Wine team have put out the Wine 4.9 development release as expected with new features and assorted bug fixes.
- Initial support for installing Plug and Play drivers.
- Support for building 16-bit modules in PE format.
- A lot of code moved to the new KernelBase DLL.
- Various game controller fixes.
- Use higher performance system clocks if available.
As for bug fixes, this time around they noted 24 now marked as solved. As per usual, some may be bugs fixed in previous releases only now being found. These include World of Tanks, Osmos, Grand Prix Legends, Spellforce 3, Rogue Squadron 3D and more.
You can see the full release notes here.