Wine 2.22 is now officially available as the latest development release on the road to the official Wine 3.0 release.
Here's the highlights of what's new:
- Source selection dialog for scanners.
- Improvements in ARM64 support.
- Float audio formats with more than 2 channels in XAudio.
- Fixes for DLL injection support.
- Input methods improvements.
- Various bug fixes.
In terms of bug fixes, they noted that a total of 14 bugs have been closed. The Witcher 3 had an issue with intro videos, which has been fixed. Skyrim had an issue loading the "Skyrim Script Extender", which was solved. There was also an issue with Mafia III, Daylight that was solved. There's more too, but not all game related.
I keep saying it, but I'm always incredibly impressed by what the Wine developers are able to do.