Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Mini Car Racing - solved problem with game not allowing to set keyboard controls
Jezor Aug 5, 2015
I've tried to play Mini Car Racing (old racing game that you can download here for free!) via wine recently and stumbled upon a bug that caused game to freeze when I've tried to set keyboard controls.

I've searched for a long time, and eventually I've found that game is creating .ini file where it stores those settings.

You can find it in
~/.wine/drive_c/windows/MiniCarRacing.ini

It's very large file (~28 kB), so editing it would be very difficult, so here's what I did:
I have launched the game on windows XP,
copied the .ini file to pendrive,
pasted it to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/ directory.

With this bug it's impossible to play this game in split screen mode, so if you can't repeat what I've done you can download my settings here (downloading will be disabled after some time, so if you can't download it, send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I will upload it again).

I highly recommend trying that game, it reminds me of my childhood and it's very addictive!
Jezor Aug 6, 2015
I've made a program that allows to easily change keyboard settings, without the need to run windows XP.

You can get it here or, if you want only source code - here.

Again, this link is temporary, so if you can't download the file, send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I will upload it again.

There's source code and compiled 64-bit binary file in the .zip archive.

I hope someone will find it useful :)

Spoiler, click me
As a bonus, there's also included step-by-step guide of how I made it if anyone's interested.
MarekM Mar 21, 2017
Hi Jezor, I've got windows 10 and the actual disk of mini car racing for pc but I can't get the game to work? whenever I click on "click here to play" it just sends me through the installation process again please help! I love this game I want to play it so badly, (I've already tried properties>Run through windows servicepack 3,2,windows 98 and so on
Liam Dawe Mar 21, 2017
@MarekM this is a LINUX gaming support website, not a Windows support site. You're in the wrong place by the sounds of it.

To be clear, this sounds like your actually on Windows, not Wine on Linux.
JessieWalker May 2, 2017
Thanks for the advice and update :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.