What happened to Mad Max?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
pete910 Sep 4, 2015
Quoting: Mountain Man
Quoting: HadBabitsOn the bright side, should it come out the PC version seems very well optimized :P
You mean the Windows version.

Was waiting for some one to jump on that :P
HadBabits Sep 5, 2015
Quoting: sub
Quoting: HadBabitsOn the bright side, should it come out the PC version seems very well optimized :P

Which, as we all know, means nothing when it comes to Linux port.

Not necessarily nothing. Sure, it probably won't have performance as good as the Windows version, but these guys are using their own engine, and it seems like a very good engine from what I've seen. After seeing TotalBiscuits video on it, I'm pretty convinced these guys know what they're doing :v

Quoting: pete910
Quoting: Mountain ManYou mean the Windows version.

Was waiting for some one to jump on that :P

Oh my, you're right; I've committed a cardinal sin :P
wolfyrion Sep 6, 2015
I guess this is bad news... :(

Originally posted by justinehler:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/234140/discussions/0/527273983050480072/?tscn=1441529132

I fired off an email to WB Support... they seemed to distance themselves from a Linux version entirely.

"Greetings ******,

We apologize for any inconvenience. However we have no information regarding any upcoming release or if Mad Max may support Linux in the future. We would recommend staying tuned to our support sites at www.wbgames.com and http://www.madmaxgame.com/​ for any news release related information.

Thank you,

Alexander.C
WB Games Support"
Mountain Man Sep 9, 2015
That just looks like a standard automated response. I wouldn't read anything into it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.