Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Grid Autosport Racing Competition (okay not so small anymore)
Page: «3/7»
  Go to:
RTheren Dec 21, 2015
It's never too late.

We'll start on the last week of December, if I understand correctly
Furious Dec 21, 2015
Sign me in Please :)

edit: I opt for endurance GT3 class, so maybe add that class?
ysblokje Dec 21, 2015
Okay !

Thats 17 people !

Maximum number of players in 1 session is 12. I Shall split the field up in 2, that way the person who wants to stream the race can join in and just retire from the race. (no external spectator function :( Damn you codemasters ! )

I read some docs on other tournaments, they used the method of elimination. That does not sound like fun to me. I want everybody to have a chance to enjoy the competition till the last races.
Xpander Dec 21, 2015
touring car cat c is probably the best for me, thats what i chose in my career mode also :D
now i have to choose what setup to use.. my regular keyboard (like i did on GOL Stream, as im keyboard warrior), Steam Controller or my Logitech Driving Force GT :D

i'm away during christmas, but after that i should have enough time to participated..except new years eve :D
Blurps Dec 21, 2015
Maybe, 2 teams (casual / pro) and the top3 of casual team switch with last3 of pro team.
Kallestofeles Dec 21, 2015
I'm now only wondering how will the events be scheduled.
Will this topic be the announcement board for the races? Or maybe we could use da big bosses influence over the website to send out auto-magical reminders to the users participating? ;)
In any case, the events should be announced no less than 2-3 days ahead in order for everyone to be mindful about them. Again, talking from my personal perspective (yeah, I'm a self-centered bastard), as I don't have access to my PC every day due to current conditions, I'd need to know a few days ahead to schedule things around in order to race with you guys. :P
serjor Dec 21, 2015
This starts to sound like a league!

Quoting: nIQnutnMaybe, 2 teams (casual / pro) and the top3 of casual team switch with last3 of pro team.
I agree with you, because we still don't know the differences between us. I know I'm a very bad driver, so if I'm in the same group that the best it won't be fun not for him/her neither for me.
Blurps Dec 21, 2015
For me it's just for fun but but others may want to compete.
Maybe, some players will be there the first time but not available for the next time and others could only participate for one race.

we should keep 2 or 3 spots in each teams for the latecomers and split players according to their level.
ysblokje Dec 22, 2015
After looking at some racing league website :)

I came up with the following
classes
For now I have decided on 3 classes all in the "C" category.

starting gridsize
11 drivers can attent. (thats just the startinggrid !)
I want to keep 1 slot open for the person who wants to stream the race(s).

Assist Restrictions
None.

Lobby Settings

Pre Race Timer: 30 secs
End Race Timer: 60 secs
Allow Upgrades: Off
Allow Tuning: Off
Allow Assists: On
Collisions: On
Impact ratings: Enabled
Force manual gears: Off
Force Interior cam: Off
Damage: Visual Only
Flashbacks: None

Race 'Weekend' Format
Racing days (see below)
5 week long season
3 races per class, Same track per class
If more then 11 drivers attend we split the field up into 2 By doing a "sprint" race. the top 50% will form field A and the rest field B.

First race will be a random grid order as there is no qualifying to race option.
Race 2 will be reverse order of Race 1 result. Race 3 will be reverse order of Race 2 result.

Race Classification
1st - 15 points
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 8
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1

Fastest Lap = 1 pt

Wrapping up the season
In case we end up with people with the same amount of points, we do a 1v1 of 1v1v1 etc.

provisional calendar
- januari 2nd 2016
- januari 9th 2016
- januari 16th 2016
- januari 23rd 2016
- januari 30th 2016
Furious Dec 22, 2015
I suggest a test race. Why not today? Join the group I just created:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GA_GOL
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.