Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Suggestions for a new tournament
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
ysblokje Feb 15, 2016
Hi,

Anybody up for a new tournament? Got suggestions? Post them here!
As soon BigBoss has updated the forum software I'll setup a poll. For me personally I would suggest some free/gratis games, just to show that they are a good way to have fun to the rest of the world. (also it would rule out the "out of money" problem)

Of the top of my head :
RTS
warzone 2100
openRA (any mod will do)
Hedgewars

FPS
Xonotix
World Of Padman
tumocs Feb 15, 2016
I'd go for openRA or Xonotic.
Xonotic might be more suitable from those for the whole shittalking in voip and having mindless fun.
RTheren Feb 15, 2016
Insurgency, Team Fortress, (maybe) Double Action: Boogaloo for FPS,
Distance (stable branch), SuperTuxKart for Racing
(What I would like to play) Garry's Mod for Sandbox (building contest or something)
OpenRA for RTS

EDIT: +1 for Xonotic :)
Xpander Feb 15, 2016
Xonotic!

im not really into the RTS games myself.

Fistful of Frags and Double Action Bogaloo should be fine also
Liam Dawe Feb 15, 2016
Xonotic and the like are just too fast and arcadey for me i just dont have the reaction time for it.

I would love some Distance as that game is awesome.
RTheren Feb 18, 2016
How about 0 AD?
Liam Dawe Feb 24, 2016
Quoting: RTherenHow about 0 AD?

Possible, but the games can end up taking a while and considering it's still in Alpha it could desync a bit playing online which would ruin a game like that.
m2mg2 Feb 25, 2016
Unreal Tournament 4?
It's alpha or something but I haven't had any issues with it so far, aside from getting it to run initially.
ysblokje Feb 28, 2016
Well as soon as BigBoss get the forum software updated I might set up 2 polls, 1 for RTS and 1 for FPS.
RTheren Feb 29, 2016
Interesting game for RTS: MegaGlest
sigz Mar 1, 2016
Choose your weapon Ysblokje, I will fight you anyway.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.