Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Introduce Yourself!
Page: «20/23»
  Go to:
DRL Mar 16, 2021
Hello, My name is Rafał. I live in poland . I deal with data recovery, and I treat games as a fun pastime to chill out. I am just discovering the charms of Linux games.
metalinux Jun 27, 2021
Hello everyone, I hope you are all having a great day!

I was registered on this fantastic website before, but under what username I have forgotten. Just to quickly reintroduce myself, I have been using Linux with a variety of distros (I distro hop quite a bit) for 7 years now and it is my main operating system of choice now.

I went back to Windows 10 full-time for 5 months recently to experience a little of the other side and while using my Windows PC for productivity and an Xbox One for gaming felt okay, the amount of DRM, telemetry and control was unbelievable. It just felt wrong.

Now I am very happy to be back and here to stay on Linux. I am glad to have experienced Windows again, only to see how much worse the privacy situation on the OS has become.

GamingOnLinux is my prime source of Linux-related news on the Internet and Liam and the rest of the editorial team do an incredible job. Thank you very much for what you do.
thedarkmane Jun 28, 2021
Hi everyone!

Long time web developer, who loves to game on Linux, and has been around long enough to just about remember XBill (among one of the first games that I ever played on Linux).

These days I am more likely to be found playing Stellaris, SuperTuxKart or something decidedly more retro.
Bubsy Nov 13, 2021
Hello everyone!

I first started using Linux when I built my first computer when I was 15/16. The first distro I installed for it was Ubuntu 16.04.

Nowadays I use Linux Mint as my distro of choice for my PC. But, I do mess around with other ones every now and then.
Mezron Nov 17, 2021
Never notice this before.

Hi all. Joined the linux using community back in the late 90's. Went all in on Linux as 2000 came. Lucky enough to have a Linux admin job for going on 21 years now. I mostly play stuff on itch.io and Stadia these days.
Vulphere Nov 18, 2021
Although Vulp is already here since 2019 and frequently chatting on GOL Discord, Vulp hasn't post anything on GOL Forum... until today

Hello, my name is Vulphere or Vulp (feel free to use both to refer me).

So... Vulp loves computing and customising a heck of it... and also love playing video games. Linux is a perfect place to satisfy those things, first time seeing Linux on the wild was at a supermarket (with KDE 3 something) in 2004-2005

As for Vulp's Tale on Tux Adventure, It was started back in 2008, back then still using Windows XP (never interested in Vista, lol) and trying something with virtual machine was my hobby back then. After a couple of MSDOS and old Windows installations... YouTube recommended me a video about how to install Ubuntu on Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 (yeah...) and so I watched that video and also downloaded the ISO from Ubuntu website. Then, came the iconic startup sound and GNOME 2 desktop (Vulp loves at the first sight, lol).

Slowly navigating in the then-unknown realm of Tux land, Vulp later also installed Ubuntu (this time 12.04) on real boot. Then seeing KDE Plasma 4 and installing kubuntu-desktop to enjoy the KDE experience.

Distrohopping? Yup, Vulp has hopped from distro to distro. Ubuntu to Fedora to Debian to Bodhi to Manjaro to Arch... and DEhopping as well. GNOME 2 to KDE Plasma 4 to Enlightenment to MATE to Cinnamon to KDE Plasma 5 to GNOME 3 and back again to KDE Plasma 5.

Manjaro was the chapter 2 of Vulp's Tale on Tux Adventure, the bleeding-edge nature of the distribution, the pacman, the AUR attracted Vulp to it... Manjaro running solid but Vulp decided to jump straight to upstream Arch in 2017.

Since 2017, Vulp is using Arch Linux as primary computing platform.
Pengling Feb 19, 2022
Hello! Early-1980s-born UK-based gamer-girl, here. I started out with a Commodore 64C that I got for Christmas in 1990. The arcade-style genres that were popular here (partly due to cassette-tapes being the norm for home-micros in the UK) shaped my taste in video games for life, and the machine taught me lifelong confidence with both command-line and graphical interfaces. I never liked having to press "Up" to jump, though!

I moved to Linux in 2008; About five years after getting the C64 I was forced over to Windows by necessity and never got on well with any iteration of it, then I went to Mac OS X for a few years while waiting for Linux WiFi support to mature, and then I settled on Linux permanently. I started with Kubuntu, but switched to Xubuntu a year or so later and have stuck with that ever since, across a few laptops that got hooked up to a bigger monitor when at home. I don't have a great need for a powerful desktop machine, so when my previous laptop finally bit the dust in 2020 I started using an 8GB Raspberry Pi 4 Model B for that task.

Portable gaming is my jam (for me, TV/monitor-out is nice but not necessary), and after becoming disappointed with the Nintendo Switch (various series that I like were taken in directions that I didn't enjoy and some didn't get updated for the new hardware at all, and I grew tired of having to frequently repair carefully used equipment due to the uncharacteristically poor build-quality) I sold up last year, and today I took delivery of a GPD Win Max 2021 - which is now happily running Xubuntu, of course. ;)

I mostly enjoy games that are on the cute side, and my game collection reflects that. I also have an interest in retro-gaming and emulation, ROM-hacks and mods of older games, and newly-made games for old consoles (the latter of which sometimes overlaps with the ROM-hacks/mods). I hope that I can share a bit of my enthusiasm for these things here. :)
14 Feb 20, 2022
Quoting: PenglingPortable gaming is my jam (for me, TV/monitor-out is nice but not necessary), and after becoming disappointed with the Nintendo Switch (various series that I like were taken in directions that I didn't enjoy and some didn't get updated for the new hardware at all, and I grew tired of having to frequently repair carefully used equipment due to the uncharacteristically poor build-quality) I sold up last year, and today I took delivery of a GPD Win Max 2021 - which is now happily running Xubuntu, of course. ;)
That GPD thing is really neat. Never heard of it before.
Pengling Feb 20, 2022
Quoting: 14That GPD thing is really neat. Never heard of it before.
I didn't originally plan to get one, but after grabbing a GPD MicroPC last year and being wowed by the design and build-quality I decided to go for it. No regrets at all, and there was minimal fuss getting Xubuntu 21.10 up and running on it (just had to set the correct screen rotation post-install and tweak one config file to get sound output). I presume it's fine with most distros at this point.
akselmo Feb 22, 2022
Oh hi, I have forgotten to introduce myself before.

I'm a dude from Finland and I switched to Linux last summer because I got tired of Windows updates. One of the best decisions I've made. I eventually settled down with Kubuntu and I really like using it.

On my free time, besides of gaming of course, I like to program stuff, be it games or maybe even contribute to FOSS projects.

My plan is to continue making games on my free time and this time Linux first. Someone's gotta do it.

My favorite game genres are FPS and RPG's. Even better when the two are combined, which is why I especially love Morrowind.

If you see me in Matrix or Discord, feel free to say hi!

Also here are some links:

My blog: https://akselmo.dev
My games: https://akselmo.itch.io
(most games are Windows only for now unfortunately, since they were made before I switched, but they should work with Wine+DXVK, use Lutris)

Last edited by akselmo on 22 February 2022 at 3:01 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.