Game ports that you don't believe in anymore
Page: «2/4»
  Go to:
wojtek88 May 19, 2016
@liamdawe while I admire your work, this thread is only about personal feelings of the users :).
However, if you have knowledge of the states of the ports, do you have any update regarding other titles mentioned in this topic, like Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams, Project CARS, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and MineCraft Story Mode?

@legluondunet Batman Arkham Knight was officially canceled, so there is nothing to believe in or not to believe in :)
Quoting: HadBabitsWhat a depressing thread .-.
Not everything in life is fun and happy :)

P.S. I start to loose my hope in Street Fighter V as well. @liamdawe any new information about that port?
manus76 May 22, 2016
I think this Project Cars situation is the most depressing one. In the beginning the Linux/SteamOS version has been promised and never officially cancelled. Now the developers don't deign to respond to any questions linux version related (on Steam or game forums). It's just sad and unprofessional - I'm sure many people would appreciate even something like: 'Sorry guys, we are simply not able to pull off the linux version anymore, not enough man- or brain-power, apologies.'
gbudny May 24, 2016
Bandits: Phoenix Rising
Disciples II: Dark Prophecy
Xpander May 24, 2016
Witcher 3
Project Cars
Darksiders
Rocket League
Mountain Man May 27, 2016
Quoting: HadBabitsWhat a depressing thread .-.
I choose to celebrate the games we do have instead of mourning for the ones we don't. There are so many top-quality games available for Linux these days that I don't have the time or the budget to play them all!
Liam Dawe May 29, 2016
Might be a good time to mention this page needs updating: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/wiki/Unreleased_Ports
PublicNuisance May 29, 2016
Until a game actually shows up I never fully believe it is coming. Being extremely cynical can be slightly miserable but at the same time I get burned far less.

I have many games I would love to see on Linux though. The biggest dissapointment would have to be The Witcher series. They ported Witcher 2 to Linux, started putting Linux games up on their store yet have made almost no effort to port the first or third game over to Linux. I would also mention Dying Light. If I want a Linux copy I have to go to Steam and shell out for a DRM copy. DRM free users get shafted with only getting the Windows version. I could make a whole thread on that sad practice.
Adinimys May 29, 2016
QuoteDRM free users get shafted with only getting the Windows version

Which I always found weird because I have the impression that there is a bigger proportion of player interested in DRM-free amongst Linux users.
In fact most of my friends playing on Windows didn't even know that DRM free exist.
PublicNuisance May 29, 2016
Quoting: Adinimys
QuoteDRM free users get shafted with only getting the Windows version

Which I always found weird because I have the impression that there is a bigger proportion of player interested in DRM-free amongst Linux users.
In fact most of my friends playing on Windows didn't even know that DRM free exist.

I keep hearing people with suspicions that publishers are waiting for GOG to improve Galaxy before they put major games Linux versions on GOG but I never understood why Galaxy has anything to do with it. Many of the games in question such as Dying Light and Metro Redux are known for single player campaigns not multiplayer.
Corben May 30, 2016
A game which wasn't mentioned here and will probably be never ported:
Evolve.
The stealth announcement was during the Steam Universe announcement, but was never officially confirmed. We had some steamdb movement, but there didn't happen anything for a long time. So it will probably also never happen.

Another game I would like to see ported, but the signs aren't looking good:
Gas Guzzlers Extreme.

And there are some games I wish would be ported... like Doom or Elite: Dangerous... the only hope is wine, but as e.g. with Doom, we know it's not working due to DRM, though the engine would be perfect as it's using OpenGL now or Vulkan in the future.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.