Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Game ports that you don't believe in anymore
Page: 1/4»
  Go to:
wojtek88 May 16, 2016
Hi guys,
yesterday I've read this Tweet.
It reminded me that there are people that wait for this port. I've personally gave up hope for Witcher 3 on Linux. And there are multiple games that I gave up hope on. What is your list? Do you wait for a game that was unofficially announced, but never was confirmed? Or do you gave up hope on any other title?

Here is mine list:
- Darksiders
- The Witcher 3
- Rocket League
- Total War: Rome II
Liam Dawe May 16, 2016
The Witcher 3 - probably never coming

Darksiders - became so low priority since it switched hands, it's probably never coming

Rocket League - well they did say Q2, but after so many delays already who knows. It also became an obviously low priority item

Total War: Rome II - was likely replace by the more recent one Attila that was ported, in January there was no updates: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/looks-like-total-war-rome-ii-might-not-be-coming-to-linux-steamos-now.6460
wvstolzing May 16, 2016
Witcher 3, sadly.
Shmerl May 17, 2016
Witcher 3 has one chance - rewrite of the engine for enhanced edition. It's not an unheard of thing for CDPR. If they learned from past mistakes, they'll use Vulkan, and then chances of the Linux version will grow. But if EE won't happen - TW3 for Linux won't happen either. The only option will be Wine then.
GustyGhost May 17, 2016
Not a game necessarily but GOG Galaxy. It's been out on Windows and Mac for a while now without even an ETA for Linux. Just look at how many posts there are on their Community Wishlist for Galaxy Linux which has been in the top 5 community wishes for Galaxy for a long time.

As for actual games:

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. Last I heard, difficulties put the port on hold. Probably by a ton of proprietary middleware.

Primal Carnage which was announced for Linux in 2009! It only made it to PS4 and Windows with dropped plans for any Linux port.
m2mg2 May 17, 2016
Darksiders I and II definitely. I was so hyped for it when Godlewski released the screenshots of it running in Linux. But it's what, going on three years now? No real movement in steamdb in around a year it seems. I hold out hope one day it will show up, but definitely not waiting on it. I think the Witcher 3 is more likely than Darksiders but I'm not waiting on it either. I'm following the rules and not talking about Rocket League. Project Cars is the only one I would really add to that list.
legluondunet May 17, 2016
- Darksiders 1 and 2
- The Witcher 3
- Batman (but Windows gamers are not more luckyer, such a bad port)
Avehicle7887 May 17, 2016
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams - The Humble Bundle entry saying "Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams will be available for Mac and Linux later this year." The message has been there more or less since 2014. The last it was heard of is that the port was finished by an outside developer but it was badly broken, even had an entire level missing.

Witcher 3 - Unless they write a Vulkan API I don't see them doing an OpenGL version. They've been pretty much quite about their plans and if I had to make an optimistic guess I'd say they were waiting on Vulkan. Till the drivers for it stabilize, CDPR would begin testing the game. Unless they plan to support Linux in their future games I don't see a Linux W3 happening.
Edmene May 18, 2016
Project CARS, they don't have any reference to Linux/SteamOS in the main website and after the announce, we didn't get any news on the status of the port.
HadBabits May 18, 2016
MineCraft Story Mode- Much like Rocket League, only seems to update the Windows/Mac depots any more; I don't think Telltale really care about us at this point.

Undertale- Got so fed up with waiting I just played via WINE. To it's credit, it's a very charming game, it's just a shame Toby can't be bothered to finish a port; even after grabbing Linux testers.

What a depressing thread .-.
Blurps May 19, 2016
Rocket League: it was supposed to be released earlier this year. I don't know if someone is still working on it but we had some news on it so, sooner or later it will be there.
The Witcher 3: it will be awesome but I don't expect it anymore.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.