Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Game ports that you don't believe in anymore
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
wojtek88 Jun 22, 2016
Sorry, wanted to edit previous comment
Luke_Nukem Jun 29, 2016
Quoting: KuduzkehpanUNREAL TOURNAMENTS

Unreal Tournament 1 through to 2004 have Linux ports. UT3 doesn't. The current in-progress UT does work on Linux, and quite well at that.
gbudny Jun 30, 2016
Quoting: clatterfordslimGTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas,

I don't know any company who even promised or tried to port these games to Linux.

I want to point out that Openrw is the very active project, and some of the missions are playable.
In the future, Linux users can probably run next two parts of GTA on Linux if they use Openrw.
Kuduzkehpan Nov 3, 2020
i dont feel these games will be ported ever to linux..

Cyberpunk 2077
Borderlands 3
robvv Nov 3, 2020
Metro: Exodus anyone?
Quoting: Kuduzkehpani dont feel these games will be ported ever to linux..

Cyberpunk 2077
Borderlands 3

Aspyr Media seems to have silently given up on Linux porting. Even Borderlands 2's Linux port is abandoned already. They also ported Mafia III to macOS but never to Linux.

For Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt won't even release a Linux version of GOG Galaxy.

Quoting: robvvMetro: Exodus anyone?

There is a SteamDB Depot data.
https://steamdb.info/app/412020/depots/
whizse Nov 3, 2020
I'm starting to doubt the BeOS port of Neverwinter Nights will ever happen.
GustyGhost Nov 4, 2020
Quoting: Laboratoryo_ni_NeilAspyr Media seems to have silently given up on Linux porting. Even Borderlands 2's Linux port is abandoned already. They also ported Mafia III to macOS but never to Linux.

That is because Valve and Steam machines were singlehandedly carrying the corporate, commercialized gaming industry's faith in Linux. I don't really blame Aspyr or any other porter. Please see my thread "Are we seeing the end of the most recent "golden age" of Linux gaming?".
mos Nov 4, 2020
Quoting: Laboratoryo_ni_NeilThere is a SteamDB Depot data.
haven't been following the noises re Exodus, being convinced it won't happen. Am I wrong?

EDIT: Oh I see now, back from the beginning of the year. It's even semi-official. Nothing since then though? However, I'm not sold on the game itself...

Last edited by mos on 4 November 2020 at 4:22 pm UTC
robvv Nov 4, 2020
Quoting: Laboratoryo_ni_Neil
Quoting: robvvMetro: Exodus anyone?

There is a SteamDB Depot data.
https://steamdb.info/app/412020/depots/

Not updated in many months, though.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.