Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Firewatch Black Screen With Logo
PublicNuisance May 19, 2016
When I try to start up a new game of Firewatch It just gives me a black screen with the Campo Santo Logo. It just sits there forever. I am able to get to the main menu which allows me to start or load a game but when I choose a new game this happens. System specs:

AMD FX-8350, 16GB DDR3-2133 CL10, MSI R9 390 8GB (FGLRX)

I have tried open source drivers and the game is too laggy on the start menu to even start the game. I have tried with just one monitor instead of 2, have tried setting all settings to low, turning off vsync, 1024*768 resolution, running the actual file instead of the icon on the desktop, starting the game from different save slots, any ideas ?
PublicNuisance May 19, 2016
I have tested on multiple systems and the only constant I can find that could be causing it is that the game doesn't like FGLRX drivers. Really got to get me an Nvidia card for my Linux system.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.