Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
[IN TESTING - LIVE] Option to change number of posts/comments per page
Page: 1/4»
  Go to:
redshift May 31, 2016
I couldn't find the option to do so. Not sure if it's hard to implement, but I'd find it rather convenient to have more than 10 posts per page since heated discussions have a lot of pages. This includes forums and news articles.
Liam Dawe Jun 1, 2016
Should be pretty simple to implement (already on my list), but it may be a feature only rolled out to Patreon supporters.

The main reason is of course to give small, but useful extra to people who directly support me/GOL.
Xpander Jun 1, 2016
ohh i would like that feature.
make it 50 or even 100 per page as a option also
redshift Jun 2, 2016
Quoting: liamdaweThe main reason is of course to give small, but useful extra to people who directly support me/GOL.
Not a problem, I think. Would be good if you eventually have a list of what patrons will get. Although, to be frank, I would have liked if experience was identical for everyone and people would support you because of a great site and not because they want a specific gated feature.

Just my thoughts, it's your call obviously. I'm not a supporter(and a new one!) so my opinion not matter much in such discussions.
Liam Dawe Jun 3, 2016
I'm leaning towards agreeing that such a basic feature should be rolled out to everyone. I probably will allow everyone to use it, as it's such a simple but useful thing I don't feel quite right having it behind a "pay wall" so to speak.
Liam Dawe Jun 3, 2016
Okay, this is now up. There is a new bit in the User CP to control it. Please do let me know if anything is broken as a result of it.
Liam Dawe Jun 3, 2016
Update: Added in an ability to edit how many articles are shown per-page, also in the User Control Panel.

Let me know of any breakage with that too will ya.
tuubi Jun 3, 2016
Seems like the links on the Latests Comments page and that widget on the right do not respect the setting. After increasing comments per page I get links to page 5 of 2 etc. It might be better if these links just referenced the comment itself and the receiving end took care of showing the right page? (So the link would be something like http://gamingonlinux.com/articles/title.1234/#comment_12345) This way it would be trivial to highlight the post in question as well. Sorry, I guess can't help myself...
Liam Dawe Jun 3, 2016
Fixed the latest comments page and widget for this.

I have also adjusted them as requested to link directly to the comment, I should have done that to begin with so it was valid you bringing it up. Thanks.
redshift Jun 3, 2016
That's awesome! Thanks.
Really glad I don't need to click next page while reading popular news posts.
Xpander Jun 4, 2016
thanks for that feature. really liking it
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.