Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Fixing your queue (to only show Linux games) in Steam if you used "New! Customize your queue"
Qantourisc Jun 30, 2016
Note: I opened a bug report on steam, so don't all go running out an reporting it.
(Or do if you want to poke the bear ;) )

If someone wants to add screenshots, go ahead :p
- Open the queue
- Click customize your queue
- Hit Ctrl-Shift-Q (developer tools - Network)
- Click OK to customize the queue.
- You should see 200 POST updatediscoveryqueuesetting appear.
- Click on the line
- A new screen should appear
- Click "Edit And Resend"
- Look for "Request Body:", We will be editing this text.
- Look for "settings=%7B"
- After this insert the text "%22os_linux%22%3Atrue%2C" (without the qoutes)
- Click "Send"

To check if worked:
- The newly requested HTTP should be highlighted.
- Click the tab "Response" to verify it worked.
- Open the tree to JSON > Setting
- Look for os_linux, this should now say os_linux: 1. If it says os_linux: null, you failed (or there is an error in this guide.)
tuubi Jun 30, 2016
Awesome, thanks!
Guppy Jul 1, 2016
For me the customize queue doesn't show in firefox - but what with being a clever Linux user and all there is a way to do it in chrome;

1) open dev tools -> network tab
2) personalize you queue settings
3) right click on "updatediscoveryqueuesetting" and choose copy cUrl
4) paste in your favorite editor alter the post data, copy the edited data
5) paste on the command line and hit enter

done

just under no circumstances are you to post that cUrl command anywhere as it contains all the info somebody would need to hack your account ( by spoofing being you and being logged in, hopefully valve has tied the session info to IP but I wouldn't chance it tbh )
Qantourisc Jul 1, 2016
QuoteThank you for contacting Steam Support.
Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.
We are aware of the problem and are investigating the issue further.
Nel Jul 1, 2016
Wow it works!
Thanks a lot!
tuna89 Jul 5, 2016
Quoting: GuppyFor me the customize queue doesn't show in firefox - but what with being a clever Linux user and all there is a way to do it in chrome;

1) open dev tools -> network tab
2) personalize you queue settings
3) right click on "updatediscoveryqueuesetting" and choose copy cUrl
4) paste in your favorite editor alter the post data, copy the edited data
5) paste on the command line and hit enter

done

just under no circumstances are you to post that cUrl command anywhere as it contains all the info somebody would need to hack your account ( by spoofing being you and being logged in, hopefully valve has tied the session info to IP but I wouldn't chance it tbh )

You'll need to forgive my ignorance but I've never played around in "dev tools" before. While I'm able to open the dev tools and have located "my queue" on steam, I cannot find "updatediscoveryqueuesetting" anywhere in the wall of text - where should I be looking? Sorry.
Guppy Jul 8, 2016
It's under the network tab
Segata Sanshiro Jul 8, 2016
Glad someone's on top of this. It seems like Valve are shooting themselves in the foot a lot of the time.
tuna89 Jul 8, 2016
Quoting: GuppyIt's under the network tab

Sorry, you did say that quite clearly, my mistake.

Wasn't able to change it however..

Steam really need to pull their thumb out, a lot left to be desired with their desultory attitude towards Linux..
donbastiano Jul 10, 2016
I think I'm not affected by the bug on the queue, maybe because I'm on the "stable" client, but I have a similar bug on the lists (i.e. Specials, See more: Specials), on "Narrow by" "Steam OS + Linux" is the only entry not checked...
Someone has opened a bug on github
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.