Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Tomb Raider won't start
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
donbastiano Jul 8, 2016
Thank you, so you suggest that the real problem can be different and related to the driver/card. What about install another distro (maybe Ubuntu 16.04) in another partition and share the home for this test? Anyone can see particular problem with steam?
I think the same about the driver, r600.

I'm on Ubuntu 14.04, I left Gentoo maybe a couple of year ago.
donbastiano Sep 9, 2016
Just a small update, after moving to 16.04 so open driver and deleting the .steam folder (except the userdata and steamapps forlders) the game now starts. It is impossible to play also on all minimum/off, the benchmark returns min 1.4 avg 8.4 max 11.4. A little strange is that also the initial video is lagging.
manero666 Sep 9, 2016
I saw on another post that you installed the Oibaf PPA.
You can install a Gallium Nine patched Wine and try the game with it.
This can be a solution while waiting the open-source drivers to mature a bit more

You will miss some Linux and Dx11 specific graphical settings but I guess you won't need them anyway :)
donbastiano Sep 9, 2016
Thank you, for this game it was just a test, my hardware is not good enough. As said, I was just curious because I was able to play Bioschock Infinite without problem.
I can wait to play it, I'm thinking to buy a new pc hoping to resist until zen/vega but it is hard...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.